VACANCY: PRACTICE ACCOUNTANT
Are you the right fit for this role? Please apply or get in touch for more information!
Job Title: PRACTICE ACCOUNTANT
Date Posted: 19 AUGUST 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Application Method: By email, including covering letter and CV to email@example.com
At Shepherd Partnership, you will find a relaxed working environment. We want you to feel valued and happy, so do what we can to engender a positive and supportive culture within our team.
Due to a recent retirement, as well as continuing business growth, we are excited to invite applications for the role of Practice Accountant within our established chartered certified practice.
We’re looking for applicants who can hit the ground running, so previous practice experience is essential.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be forward-thinking
- Have an analytical mind with excellent attention to detail
- Be presentable and personable
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Have a good team working ethos with the ability to be pro-active and use initiative to work alone when required
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience & Knowledge - Essential
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience in practice
- Possess strong IT skills
Experience & Knowledge - Desirable
We are open to applications from those with alternative experience/transferrable skills, but the following attributes would be a distinct advantage:
- Confidence with a range of accounting/bookkeeping software - particularly Sage and Xero
- Experience of reviewing junior staff member’s work
- Confidence with sole trader, partnership, and company accounts
- Proficiency in completing self-assessment tax returns
- Knowledge of agricultural businesses (farmers’ averaging and accounting concepts)
- Experience of meeting with clients, offering support and advice
Relevant qualifications are desirable, but we will also consider applications from accountants with commensurate experience.
The role will predominantly be based at our Skipton offices; however, client visits may also be part of the role.
Salary and Hours
The salary for this position is negotiable depending on experience. This is a full-time role, which will primarily be office based, however we are more than happy to discuss flexibility regarding hours/work pattern to accommodate lifestyle or family commitments for the right candidate.
Shepherd Partnership Ltd are a long-established accountancy practice with offices in Skipton and Settle. We provide personalised support to local business owners and individuals with high quality bookkeeping, compliance accounts, management accounts, payroll, and taxation services.
We have a supportive and friendly team on hand to welcome and train the successful candidate and we offer a fantastic work environment in recently refurbished offices with air conditioning and in-house shower should you wish to jog or cycle to work.