Cloud Accounting Service
You may have heard the term ‘Cloud computing’ already. This can be defined as accessing remote – or ‘cloud-based’ technology - through a PC, laptop, or mobile device via the internet, rather than having to install programmes and applications onto individual PC’s and networks.
At The Shepherd Partnership, we are forward-thinking. We have adopted ‘cloud computing’ in our day to day practice in order to improve the services we deliver to our clients.
Cloud computing may still be in its infancy, but ever-increasing internet speeds and advances in technology will mean that our PC’s will become increasingly used as dumb terminals for accessing applications, data etc that is held on remote servers. Internet platforms such as Facebook, Google docs, Picasa etc are all examples of the genre.
There are many advantages of working this way, including:
- Information can be accessed from anywhere in the world using a high speed internet connection - ideal for small businesses owners who might want to access their records both at the office and at home.
- There are no software maintenance or back up issues - this is all managed remotely by the host.
- There is a reduced need to have to upgrade hardware to provide the necessary processing power.
- There is no need to purchase software upgrades - software is continually maintained by the host.
- Using the technology is usually paid for by subscription so no upfront or ongoing upgrade costs.
How does this benefit you?
Clients who sign-up to our cloud accounting service can access their records at anytime by logging in to their own secure area via our website.
Using cloud-based technology we can also help clients with queries more efficiently. In addition we can prepare accounts without the need to wait for the client to send their books to us, whether in paper or digital form. In short, we are able to get closer to the client and offer a more proactive service.
For more information on this service please contact us on 01756 799823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.